Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
No one likes to arrive back home to discover that a broken water pipe has caused water to leak everywhere in your home causing damage to not only your floors, but also your walls and ceilings. First and foremost, you want to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones by making sure that all electrical hazards and potential injury hazards are handled right away. Dealing with this damage can be an extremely stressful situation to discover but don't worry, SERVPRO of Bent Tree is here to help. Give us a call, and we'll arrive to begin the drying process. While you are waiting for SERVPRO to arrive, you can follow the water damage tips below to minimize the damage to your home.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (972) 386-3808
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.