Stunt Mold Growth In Your Home or Business
Mold cannot be completely removed from our environments. It is a natural part of our environment and exists in microscopic spores. Many restoration businesses advertise "mold removal" and even guarantee to remove all mold. This isn’t possible. What you are going to be doing, instead, is removing the triggers in your home that cause mold that cause large amounts of mold growth.
Where Mold is Likely to Grow
Mold is likely to grow in places that are dark, warm, & humid. These places include kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms. It’s also likely to grow in places that have previously had a water damage that wasn’t dried properly. If you smell something musty in the air or see black spots growing on your walls, you may have mold.
How to Control Mold Growth
- Fix anything that is leaking. That includes pipes, windows, and roofs. A leaking structure or pipe that isn’t fixed will eventually cause mold growth and damage the structure that is absorbing its moisture. Most people discover a leaking roof or pipe when they see secondary damage to their home, like a small pool of water on the floor or a water spot on their ceiling.
- Control the humidity in your home. Mold likes to grow in high humidity. An appropriate humidity level for your home is 40-50% Relative Humidity (RH). In the winter months, it may be lower than 40% RH. You can purchase a home hygrometer (a humidity meter) and temperature gauge at your local home and hardware store or online for less than $10.
- Ventilate humid areas. Humid areas in homes are typically the kitchen, shower, and laundry areas where warm water is used. After doing any of these activities, turn on your ventilation fan.
- Hire an experienced and proven water damage cleanup company. If your property experiences flooding, hire a company with a record of successfully cleaning water damages from properties. This company should extract water and monitor your property as it dries. Ask for documentation to verify your structure has been properly dried.
If you find or suspect mold growing in your home, call us. We will assess your property and, if anything is found, remediate your mold and help you find the cause of the mold and fix it.
Free, No Obligation Mold Assessments
SERVPRO of Bent Tree is ready to come alongside you and control the growth of mold in your home or business. We're available 24/7 at (972) 386-3808.
Check Out Our Facebook Page!
Just in case you haven't already, you should go take a look at our SERVPRO of Bent Tree Facebook page!
It's an easy way to keep up with any and all of our events, reviews and a great way to contact us.
If you're still deciding on if we're the best choice for your situation put your mind at ease by checking out our reviews. All of the reviews on the SERVPRO of Bent Tree Facebook page are by actual customers just like yourself!
We are also heavily involved with our community so by liking and following our page you can see which events we will attend! We have give-a-ways, games and prizes quite frequently and it's always a great time.
Feel free to get in touch with on Facebook by messaging us and by leaving a comment or review!
Four Signs You May Need A New Hot Water Heater
Diagram of a Gas Hot Water Heater
Hot water is sometimes a luxury (bubble baths and long showers) and sometimes a necessity (laundry and clean dishes). So, when a water heater fails or ruptures, it can leave you in the cold as well as causing thousands of dollars in water damage to your home or business. In the event your property is flooded or damaged, it is imperative that you seek a reliable and well-respected flood and water restoration company to remediate the damage.
Here are some signs you might need a new electric or gas water heater:
- Rust around the base of the water heater. A common sign that your water heater is leaking is rust around the base, on the floor or near the drainage tap. This means the base is compromised. Even if there isn’t any visible pooled water, there could be a very slow leak that is causing the rust and if so, it won’t be long before the bottom of the unit totally fails and you get a flood of hot water.
- Unusual noises. Hot water heaters and tanks that make knocking noises, creaks, whines or bangs should be examined and assessed by a plumber as quickly as possible. These annoying and often loud noises could be a sign that the heating element is struggling to keep up with the demand. If you live in an area with hard water, it is possible that there is heavy sediment at the bottom of the tank keeping the water heater from performing optimally. If so, a thorough flushing of the system should correct the problem. However, if left untreated, it is possible for the heating element to fail or burn out.
- Fluctuating temperatures. Of course, if you are experiencing water that is too hot or not hot enough, your water heater may need to be repaired or replaced. Broken heating elements or gas thermocouples are often to blame when the water doesn’t get hot, and those can be replaced without replacing the entire unit. However, if you are already having work done to your water heater, have the tank itself checked for cracks, fissures or other signs of weakness. These could cause a tank failure, resulting in a flood in your home or business. The cost to replace your water heater now could end up being cheaper in the long run.
- Tankless water heaters can also cause water damage. Tankless water heaters are becoming more popular, but don’t think that just because there’s not a tank of water connected that you can’t experience massive water damage. Check the couplings and the hoses at least once a year to ensure everything is still working properly. If you are going out of town, you might consider turning it off all together, as the emergency couplings can sometimes fail. And as with a regular electric or gas water heater, look for signs of leaking such as rust, dampness and changes in water temperature.
SERVPRO of Bent Tree regularly sees properties each year affected by failed water heaters. Often kept in the attic or garage, when units fail and cause a flood, it’s usually personal items, family heirlooms and photos that are damaged. Fortunately, our highly trained professional technicians have the experience and tools necessary to clean up the water damage properly and bring your home and personal belongings back to pre-flood condition.
For emergencies and other situations, call (972) 446-0383 anytime to reach your area flood damage experts, SERVPRO of Bent Tree. We help residential and commercial property owners when natural disasters, water damage, sewer backups, floods, mold infestations, fires and other events happen.
What causes drain issues?
As a homeowner you should never underestimate the seriousness of drainage issues. Plumbers have weighed in and have given their expert opinion on what causes these issues and some tips on how to avoid them. Here are the four things to look for.
- Recurring Clogs- If a clog returns, chances are that there is a deeper clog.
- Multiple Clogged drains-If you have several clogged drains, you may have a clog in your main drain.
- Foul odor-Persistent sewer odors coming from your drain or drains can be a major sign of a drainage issue.
- Flooding-One of the worst problems associated with clog drains is sewage backup. Getting a professional on the site as soon as you can will help you avoid a big problem.
Routine maintenance is key to keeping those drains open. Use drain catchers or less toilet paper. Also make sure that you run plenty of water into the garbage disposal after use. Just those few things help a lot. If you ever do have water damage, call SERVPRO of Bent Tree with your water needs. We will be there to clean up the mess those clogged drains made.
Restoring Your Bent Tree and surrounding area Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Bent Tree area commercial properties are often complex with numerous sissues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Bent Tree
SERVPRO of Bent Tree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For Immediate Service in Bent Tree, Call SERVPRO
Bent Tree Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Bent Tree provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Bent Tree and surrounding areas. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (972) 386-3808
Whether your Bent Tree home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Bent Tree commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Bent Tree area Home
SERVPRO of Bent Tree has staff that are IICRC certified. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies and employees.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Bent Tree
SERVPRO of Bent Tree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and has certified IICRC employees. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to Bent Tree area Water Damage Events
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Bent Tree provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Bent Tree arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (972) 386-3808
Water Damage Timeline
Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
Drywall begins to swell and break down.
Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
Furniture begins to swell and crack.
Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
Metal begins to rust and corrode.
Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
Paint begins to blister.
Wood flooring swells and warps.
Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Bent Tree
SERVPRO of Bent Tree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Bent Tree Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Bent Tree will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (972) 386-3808
Bent Tree 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Bent Tree is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (972) 386-3808
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bent Tree has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Bent Tree
SERVPRO of Bent Tree specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property